A caprese sandwich with pesto is a great holiday appetizer when left open face or a quick work-from-home meal.
- 1 french baguette or ciabatta
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 oz of mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 4 oz of basil and carrot green pesto
- Slice bread in half long-ways.
- Spread pesto evenly on bottom half of bread.
- Layer the tomatoes on top of the bread and place cheese on top of the tomatoes.
- Turn the broil setting in the oven on. Place the bread (top and bottom) under the broiler for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.